I always have at least one package of cream cheese in my fridge. The possibilities are almost endless with an 8 ounce package. And then of course the various iterations of cheese, from full fat, to low-fat to fat-free. They’re not interchangeable, but close to it.
Here’s some of the things I do with my cream cheese.
- Add it to mashed potatoes for an extra bit of richness
- Make cheese balls, with all kinds of flavourings
- Make Smoked Salmon Spread
- Bake a Cheesecake
- Pour Mango Chutney over it and serve with crackers
- Make Crab Rangoons, or just put some inside some wonton wrappers and fry or bake them
- Make a mock Alfredo sauce with the low-fat version
- Make a Bologna Cake for a fun appetizer
- Mix with sausage and stuff some jalapeno’s
- Add to some cheese and stuff some mushrooms
Get the drift?
|Stuffed mushrooms with cheeses|
Have fun with your cream cheese.